In Ephesians 5:17, Paul gives us some very
important teaching, he wrote: “….do not
be foolish, but understand what the Lords will is.” There are many things we pursue, things that
are wasteful, frivolous, foolish, perhaps even harmful to self and others. It is possible to spend time and energy on
things that are not Gods best.
One way to avoid foolish living and thinking is by
studying, understanding, obeying and applying the Word of God. The Bible contains wisdom for our right
living. When we know and obey Gods Word,
we are more likely to be in Gods will and not as likely to live foolishly. When we are award of God will; when we know
it, pursue it, obey it, we are made more useful for the purposes God has for
us. I do not think there is anything more joyous than being in and fulfilling
the will of God.
To understand Gods will, our spiritual vision must be
clear and our spiritual ears must be sensitized to the will of God. How do we do that? I find I am more attuned spiritually when I
am able to separate from the busyness and chatter of life. I make it a regular habit to be alone with
God each morning. This morning, after
struggling for two days with not so great an attitude, I refocused my heart
with worship and prayer. Worship to me,
is the education of my affections, it teaches me to love. When I am “worshipping” things that are not
God, I am not loving Him as I should, and thus lose the joy of my
salvation. But when I set my mind and
heart and body to worship God, I am learning to love Him and regain that
joy. It also directs my heart away from
myself and toward others, I am more loving toward them. This morning I had a wonderful season of
prayer along with my time of worship and bible reading, and I am feeling
useful, participating in the lives and ministries of friends who are very
precious and important to me, and thereby accomplishing in part what God has
set me apart to do, glorify Him.
So – are you spending your life resources on things
that have no eternal value or purpose? I
encourage you to get alone with God in Worship, Bible reading, and Prayer. It will direct your life, it will improve your
attitude, and will restore the joy of the Lord in your heart. Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment