Jan 26, 2015

Are You Patient?

I have learned recently that I am not nearly the patient person I have thought myself to be.  I am often dissatisfied and seek to push on to the next thing.  I often need to be reminded that waiting on the next big thing often comes at the cost of actually living!  Certainly, our our Enemy must gain much encouragement and joy when we are looking to escape to better circumstances rather than waiting on the Lord of those circumstances to deliver us. 


I am still thinking through Lamentations 3 today, and in particular verses 25 and 26.  "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.  It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord."


This passage comes directly after the passage we were thinking about the last time.  Remember that Jeremiah, in the midst of great lament, remembered the Lord's faithfulness and mercy.  Look at what Jeremiah says:  "The Lord is Good!"  I love the implications of that!  God is not some miserly old curmudgeon who hoards mercy and goodness and blessing, He is compassionate and just and good and wise, and He know exactly what we need.  Because of His perfect will and wisdom, our God deserves our trust and faith and patience.  God will deliver, but it will be in accordance to His timing and purpose - - and it will be perfectly just and good.


Let us conclude with some words from the Holy Spirit inspired pen of Paul:  ". . . . for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am.  I know both how to have little, and I know how to have much.  In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content - whether well-fed or hungry, whether in abundance or need, I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:11-13).

No comments:

Post a Comment