May 13, 2015

If Christ is Not Risen . . . . . .


I hear people say – “Even if Jesus did not rise from the dead, the Christian life would still be the very best way to live.”  That is not what Paul said in I Corinthians 15:19 – he said; “If Christ is not risen from the dead… we are the most miserable people in the world!”  If Christ is not risen from the dead – we Christians have nothing to live for!  If Christ is not risen from the dead, the church has nothing to offer!  If Christ is not risen from the dead, all we have hoped for is a sham!  If Christ is not risen, I am a most miserable wretch! We have hope and meaning only if Christ is risen!  Our life, our purpose, our hope, our forgiveness, our joy is to be found ONLY in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment